No Halloween party, or month for that matter, is complete without some themed food for halloween. Whether you’re throwing a vampire themed party or simply going for a classic halloween vibe, we’ve lined up some of the very best spooky and fun food for halloween party ideas. So grab your pumpkin spice lattes and let’s get to planning!
What kid doesn’t love pizza! This easy halloween snack is a perfect and easy food for any halloween party. Made with english muffins, mozzarella cheese, pizza sauce and olives!
- 1 Package of English Muffins
- 1 Can Whole Olives
- 1 Package of Mozzarella Cheese (or 2 if you love cheese!)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Cut the english muffins in half
- Top each of them with your desired amount of pizza sauce
- Then add the mozzarella cheese
- Place them in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until the cheese has melted to your liking.
- In the meantime start on the spiders; Cut 6 whole olives in half on the shorter side, then cut 6 whole olives in half long ways.
- For the legs cut each olive in half long ways, then slice each half into pieces to create the legs
- Once you have all of the olive pieces cut out and the pizzas are done, place them on top of the pizzas and viola! Serve and enjoy!
Not only is this recipe easy for you to do but it's a great way to get your little ones involved in the fun!
Hot Dog Mummies
This mummy hot dog is great kid friendly party food. Not only does it make a great decoration for your halloween party but it’s super tasty too! With a perfectly buttery crescent roll dough wrapped around a deliciously good hotdog and cheese combo, these mummy hot dogs just made the food table a whole lot tastier!
- 12 Hot Dogs
- 1 8 oz. Can of Crescent Rolls
- 3 Slices of American Cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Butter (melted)
- Mustard, Ketchup or Both
- To start, preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Then line a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper to prevent sticking.
- Unroll the crescent dough and pinch together the seems to form a large rectangle
- Cut the rectangle long ways into thin strips; set aside.
- Next, cut each piece of american cheese into 4 strips. Then place each hotdog on top of each cheese strip.
- Wrap around each hotdog and cheese strip combo with a strip of crescent dough to look like a mummy skipping a small space at the top to add eyes
- Once completed and placed on the baking sheet, brush with the melted butter, place in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- To place the eyes, take a small toothpick and dip it into the mustard and dot on each hot dog where you left the space at the top.
And there you have it, Mummy hot dogs that your little party guests will go gaga over!
Not only is this an easy and fun treat to make but it serves as a great decoration piece as well! Frankenstein Marshmallows make a great kid friendly food for a halloween party idea.
- 1 Bag of Jumbo Marshmallows
- 1 Package Green Candy Melts
- 1 Package Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Package Candy Eyes
- Black Sugar or Chocolate Sprinkles
- 1 Tube Black Food Gel
- 1 Package of Lollipop sticks
- Parchment Paper (for drying)
- To start, place a large sheet of parchment paper on the counter and pour the black sugar or sprinkles into a bowl.
- Stick each lollipop stick about ¾ of the way into the marshmallows, while giving it a little twist to ensure it stays intact. One marshmallow per stick.
- Pour the candy melts into a microwave safe bowl and melt as directed on the package instructions or place in a double boiler and cook until fully melted, but don’t overcook it!
- Next, dip each marshmallow into the green candy melts until fully covered. While the candy melts are still hot on the marshmallow, dip each tip (tilting the tip slightly on the edge to create a hair line) of the marshmallows into the sprinkles.
- Place each marshmallow on the parchment paper with the best side facing up. This will be Frankenstein’s face.
- Place the two candy eyes on top of each dipped marshmallow before it the candy melt has set.
- Let them cool until completely hardened, about 20-30 minutes.
- Once they are completely cool, draw the facial features with the black food gel.
- And Viola! Frankenstein Marshmallows.
Place them in a nice dish that allows them to stand and set them at the party table for a perfectly delicious and cute party food.
Turn this peanut butter and jelly kid classic into an awesome halloween treat. Simply make a PB&J sandwich and cut it with a bat shaped cookie cutter or any halloween shaped cookie cutter for that matter!
Bowl Full of "Heads"
To finish off our list of food for halloween party ideas, we decided to add in a fun kid friendly punch. You can’t have a party without a good drink to quench all the little partiers' thirst, so what better way to do that than to add a spooky element to it! These shrunken heads made of apples are easy to make and fun to present.
- 4-5 Apples (any variety)
- 5 ¾ Cups (46oz) Cranberry Juice
- 8 ½ Cups (68oz) Lemon Lime Soda
- 8 Cups (64oz) Apple Juice
- 8 Tbsp Grenadine
- 7 Cups (56oz) Orange Juice
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat oven to 350 degrees F; set aside.
- Wash and remove the stickers from the apples. Then peel them and cut them in half lengthwise.
- With a melon baller, carve out two circles out of the rounded side of the apple to make two eyes. Then using a paring knife, very carefully cut out a mouth any way you like.
- Place the apples in the oven for about 45 minutes.
- In the meantime combine the Cranberry juice, soda, apple juice, grenadine and orange juice into a large punch bowl.
- Once the apples are done, remove them from the oven and allow them to cool completely.
- Then add the apples and some ice to the punch and enjoy!
These food for halloween party ideas are not only great for a halloween party but for school lunches too! Celebrate halloween every day with your little one by packing them some really fun halloween treats.
Take a look at some more of our great halloween party ideas!