Families stick together through it all, they build great memories of barbecues and pool parties to Birthday Celebrations to Anniversaries. But when a loved one has to leave for a business trip, or worse, a long tour of duty in the military it can be downright devastating for everyone involved. Most of the time it affects families in the military and it can last months to even years. It's hard on the family but the hero of the family usually comes home becoming a hero to many more and they deserve to be celebrated for their duties!
HomeHaps Has You Covered!
When its time for the hero's homecoming, you want to celebrate them in style! After all, being away from family is a tough thing to endure as it is and on top of that they have to battle the harsh lifestyle change! While climbing the ranks in military, brutal temperature changes, culture shocks and more. It can be a lot to take in. The whole family and soldier are just itching to celebrate being together.
To help you plan their homecoming, we have put together a few ideas to make them feel how much their family has missed them!
1. Personalized Military Welcome Home Banner
One way to make your hero feel extra special is to welcome them home with a personalized welcome home banner! Here at HomeHaps we have several designs to choose from. If you can’t find the style you are looking for, you can customize one yourself by sending us an email or opening a chat on our site to give us specifics about your banner.
We have sizes ranging from 4ft x 2ft and all the way up to 10ft x 5ft. It’s a must have for making your hero feel celebrated!
2. Personalized Military Welcome Home Sign
When your hero steps off the plan or steps out of the car welcome them home with a personalized sign that you and your family can hold up! Personalize it with their picture, name and message! A very warm and well thought out gift for your hero that is guaranteed to draw tears!
3. Matching Balloons and decorations
Our banners can come customized to the colors of your choice, we recommend accenting more of the house with the same colors in the banner. Most homecoming parties that we have hosted all say that the balloon accenting really stretched the party into other rooms, and made the celebration share throughout the house.
4. A Great Welcome Home Dinner (Recipe below)
Give your hero that warm feeling in their bellies with this Guinness beef stew that will sure have them feeling warm, cozy and feeling right at home!
Warm and Cozy Guinness Beef Stew Recipe
1-2 tbsp olive oil
2.5 lbs boneless chuck roast or cubed stew meat
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 onion, diced
5 slices bacon
3 tbsp all purpose flour
1 14.9 oz can Guinness or your favorite dark beer
4 tbsp Tomato paste
3 cups chicken broth
3 carrots, peeled and cut
2 celery stalks, cut
3 sprigs thyme
2 bay leaves
salt and pepper
- Prepare a baking sheet or plate with paper towels. Cube the meat into 2 in pieces and trim most of the fat, some fat is ok.
- Place the meat on the baking sheet and pat dry. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a heavy pot or dutch oven on high heat. Brown the meat in batches, set aside onto a baking sheet or plate and repeat.
- Lower the heat to medium and add oil if the pot looks dry.
- Cook the onion and garlic until translucent. Add the bacon and cook until browned.
- Stir in the carrot and celery and cook for 1-2 mins.
- Then add in the flour and cook out the flour, about a minute.
- Slowly pour in the Guinness stirring into the flour. Stir in the chicken broth and tomato paste and add the the thyme (without the stems) and bay leaves.
- Add the meat back into the pot and give it a stir. Lower the heat to low, cover and simmer for 2 hours.
- Once finished adjust the seasoning to your liking and serve with your favorite mashed potatoes!
6. A Personalized Memory Blanket
What better way to spend the first night back at home than nestling up to a personalized super soft fleece blanket with pics of their family printed right on the blanket! Send us up to 16 images and we will work our magic to wrap you and the whole family in memories.
And there you have it! An epic welcome home that is sure to bring a tear of joy to pretty much everyone!
If you have pics of the event be sure to share it with us so we can see how great of a hit it was!
Welcome Home Hero!
Share with us: @homehaps Email: email@example.com